kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jon Yeargers <jon.yearg...@cedexis.com>
Subject Understanding windowed aggregations
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 16:42:53 GMT
Im creating aggregated values as follows:

kStream.groupByKey.aggregate( ... ,TimeWindows.of(20 * 60 *
1000L).advanceBy(60 * 1000L), ...);

As I process each aggregate Im storing the current system clock time in the
aggregated record.

Im watching the aggregates come through with a subsequent '.forEach()'.

My assumption would be that an aggregate would occur when the time for a
new value falls between the start and end of a given window. Instead Im
seeing all values happen outside the expected range (Windowed.start() ->
Windowed.end())

Am I really confused about how this works?