kafka-users mailing list archives

From Frank Lyaruu <flya...@gmail.com>
Subject Error in Kafka Streams (that shouldn't be there)
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:35:28 GMT
Hi people,

I'm running a Kafka Streams app (trunk build from a few days ago), I see
this error from time to time:

Exception in thread "StreamThread-18" java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread$5.
apply(StreamThread.java:998)
at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.pe
rformOnAllTasks(StreamThread.java:489)
at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
closeAllTasks(StreamThread.java:995)
at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.sh
utdownTasksAndState(StreamThread.java:442)
at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
shutdown(StreamThread.java:387)
at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
run(StreamThread.java:368)

After that it spews a bunch of these:

Exception in thread "StreamThread-13" java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Incorrect state transition from RUNNING to NOT_RUNNING

at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
setState(StreamThread.java:163)
at org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.internals.StreamThread.
shutdown(StreamThread.java:416)

I'm now running on multiple instances, before I ran on a single instance, I
don't think I saw it then.

regards, Frank