kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sachin Mittal <sjmit...@gmail.com>
Subject Restarting a failed kafka application
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2016 05:23:25 GMT
Hi
I had a question.
Say stream application fails. We handle the shutdown gracefully.
We fix the issue and simply restart it without any application reset. So we
don't delete any internal changelog table or local state stores.
So once it is restarted does it create a new internal store by replaying
the changelog messages?
Or does it simply continue from last committed offsets.

I am asking this is that some users have complained that it takes kafka a
long time to re-create state store when application is started and I was
wondering what falls in that case.

Thanks
Sachin