kafka-users mailing list archives

From Kenny Gorman <ke...@eventador.io>
Subject Re: Regarding Connection Problem
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2016 21:08:54 GMT
Here are some examples, hope they help:

https://github.com/Eventador/examples/tree/master/node

Thanks
Kenny Gorman
www.eventador.io

Sent from my iPhone

<https://github.com/Blizzard/node-rdkafka>) or the Confluent kafka-rest-node module
( see https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-rest-node <https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-rest-node>)

> The Blizzard code is a node.js wrapper on the excellent C language librdkafka library
so it talkes native Kafka wire protocol.

> The Confluent code is a pure javascript node.js interface to the Confluent Kafka REST
Proxy (see http://docs.confluent.io/3.1.0/kafka-rest/docs/index.html <http://docs.confluent.io/3.1.0/kafka-rest/docs/index.html>)
so it uses HTTP(S) between your node.js app and the Kafka REST Proxy which makes it a good
choice if your code is running outside the datacenter and behind firewalls that might not
allow direct Kafka TCP client connections to remote Kafka Brokers.

> I have personally used both on these node.js libraries in a number of my own node Kafka
applications and they are both up to date and stable.