kafka-users mailing list archives

From Greenhorn Techie <greenhorntec...@gmail.com>
Subject Query on MirrorMaker Replication - Bi-directional/Failover replication
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 11:07:25 GMT
Hi,

We are planning to setup MirrorMaker based Kafka replication for DR
purposes. The base requirement is to have a DR replication from primary
(site1) to DR site  (site2)using MirrorMaker,

However, we need the solution to work in case of failover as well i.e.
where in the event of the site1 kafka cluster failing, site2 kafka cluster
would be made primary. Later when site1 cluster eventually comes back-up
online, direction of replication would be from site2 to site1.

But as I understand, the offsets on each of the clusters are different, so
wondering how to design the solution given this constraint and requirements.

Thanks