kafka-users mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg: Need info on Kafka Brokers
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 12:43:57 GMT
Hello Sumit,

Not yet. AFAIK few topic management requests got introduced in broker side
(see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2229 ) but not yet in
client APIs. Querying/listing topics request doesn't seem even to be
planned yet.

AdminUtils which talks with ZooKeeper via ZkClient is Kafka client API one
can use to retrieve some information, if you're building your own
monitoring tools or reporting custom metrics. There are already multiple
OSS and closed source commercial products for monitoring Kafka which have
this functionality.

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.