kafka-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Fouché <nfou...@onfocus.io>
Subject Kafka Streams: how can I get the name of the Processor when calling `KStream.process`
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 13:47:50 GMT
Hi,

as far as I understand, calling `KStream.process` prevents the developer
from adding further operations to a `KStreamBuilder` [1], because its
return type is `void`. Good.

But it also prevents the developer from adding operations to its superclass
`TopologyBuilder`. In my case I wanted to add a sink, and the parent of
this sink would be the name of the Processor that is created by
`KStream.process`. Is there any reason why this method does not return the
processor name [2] ? Is it because it would be a bad idea continuing
building my topology with the low-level API ?

[1]
https://github.com/confluentinc/examples/blob/3.1.x/kafka-streams/src/test/java/io/confluent/examples/streams/MixAndMatchLambdaIntegrationTest.java%23L56
[2]
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/b6011918fbc36bfaa465bdcc750e2435985d9101/streams/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/streams/kstream/internals/KStreamImpl.java#L391