kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ewen Cheslack-Postava <e...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Consumer Rebalancing Question
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 04:22:20 GMT
The coordinator will immediately move the group into a rebalance if it
needs it. The reason LeaveGroupRequest was added was to avoid having to
wait for the session timeout before completing a rebalance. So aside from
the latency of cleanup/committing offests/rejoining after a heartbeat,
rolling bounces should be fast for consumer groups.

-Ewen