kafka-users mailing list archives

From Abhishek Agrawal <abhishek.agrawal.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Interpreting value of JMX metric for partition count
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 03:25:50 GMT
Hello Kafka Users,

   My kafka cluster has two topics: one with 50 partitions, another with 18
partitions.

The JMX bean *kafka.server:name=PartitionCount,type=ReplicaManager*, gives
value as 35 when I try to probe using JMXTerm

$>get -b kafka.server:name=PartitionCount,type=ReplicaManager Value
#mbean = kafka.server:name=PartitionCount,type=ReplicaManager:
Value = 35;

Can someone help me understand if this value is supposed to be 'average
partition count per topic'  or 'total partition count for all topics'?

I want to have separate JMX metric for partition count of each topic. Can
someone point me to configuration examples where this has been achieved?

Regards,
Abhishek