kafka-users mailing list archives

From Brian Krahmer <bkrah...@krahmer.com>
Subject Problem with processor API partition assignments
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 10:58:54 GMT
Hey guys,

   I'm fighting an issue where I can currently only run one instance of
my streams application because when other instances come up, the
partition reassignment (looks to me) to be incorrect.

I'm testing with docker-compose at the moment.  When I scale my
application to 3 instances and the 2nd and 3rd connect to kafka, causing
a rebalance, I get the following assignment on one of my instances:

FleetData-0
FleetData-1
VehicleJourneyMapData-0
VehicleJourneyMapData-1
JourneyStarted-0
VehicleStateChanged-1
VehicleIgnitionData-0
VinVehicleMapData-1

As you can see, the assignments are clearly not symmetric, which causes
problems, as I'm essentially doing join operations.  All topics have 3
partition in this testing scenario.  I'm using version 0.10.1.0.  Any ideas?

thanks,
brian