kafka-users mailing list archives

From Yuanjia <yuanjia8...@163.com>
Subject Re: Re: when will the messsages be sent to broker
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 06:50:44 GMT
Hi Matthias,
I check my testing procedure again and again. I find a problem in that.
I start a producer in debug mode and the breakpoint is suspended to all thread. It maybe block
producing thread.
After change to suspend to the main thread, the message is sent out immediately.

Thanks.

Yuanjia Li

From: Matthias J. Sax
Date: 2017-03-02 13:11
To: users
Subject: Re: when will the messsages be sent to broker
That's weird. If batch.size=0 and linger.ms=0 records should get send
out immediately.

buffer.memory is an upper bound for the overall memory. If you write to
multiple partitions, there will be a buffer for each partitions and
buffer.memory is shared over all buffers. Furthermore, if you exceed
buffer.memory your call to Producer#send will block (until it might time
out). I don't think you want to set it to zero.

How do you monitor your Producer to come to the conclusion it's not
sending immediately?

-Matthias

On 3/1/17 6:30 PM, Yuanjia wrote:
> Hi,
> Records are not sent out  immediately, even if configing batch.size=0 and linger.ms=0,
They are buffered in the memory(buffer.memory).

下载: http://u.163.com/t0/Wqpk6rZQV

预览: http://u.163.com/t0/mfTTWdnkW