kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun MA <mj.saber1...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommended number of partitions on each broker
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 05:27:16 GMT
Hi,

I’m curious what’s the recommended number of partitions running on each individual broker?
We have a 3 nodes clusters running 0.9.0.1, each one has 24 cores, 1.1T ssd, 48G ram, 10G
NIC. There’s about 300 partitions running on each broker and the resource usage is pretty
low (5% cpu, 50% ram, 2% disk). But we see a lot random ISR expand/shrink happens to the cluster.
Our networking is pretty stable, so I’m wondering if that’s because more partitions than
kafka could handle? Is there any kafka parameters that we could tuning?

Thanks,
Jun