kafka-users mailing list archives

From Hans Jespersen <h...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: How to assign client-id to a particular kafka producer or topic?
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 18:02:15 GMT
username comes from authenticated clients
client.id can be assigned by any client (no authentication required).

It’s hard to enforce a quota on a client.id when the clients can just change the code to
use a difference client.id, hence the recent enhancement to add user quotas based on the authenticated
username which cannot be changed without the consent of the broker administrator.

0hans