kafka-users mailing list archives

From Hans Jespersen <h...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Having 4 Node Kafka Cluster
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 23:10:29 GMT
A 4 node zookeeper ensemble will not even work. It MUST be an odd number of zookeeper nodes
to start.

For Kafka you can start with any number of nodes (including 4). Remember that it is the partitions
that are replicated, not the entire broker so if you have a Kafka node crash, its only the
partitions that were leaders on that node that need to move to the remaining brokers and they
will try to be balanced across the remaining in-sync replicas on the remaining nodes.

-hans

Sent from my iPhone