kafka-users mailing list archives

From kant kodali <kanth...@gmail.com>
Subject Can multiple Kafka consumers read from the same partition of same topic by default?
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 01:09:52 GMT
Hi All,

Can multiple Kafka consumers read from the same partition of same topic by
default? By default, I mean since group.id is not mandatory I am wondering
if I spawn multiple kafka consumers without specifying any group.id and
give them the same topic and partition name will they be able to read from
the same partition? I understand that If I give different group names for
each Kafka consumer then all the consumers can read from the same partition.

Thanks!