kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Rajat Yadav (Trainee, HO-IT)" <rajat.ya...@m.darcl.com>
Subject Problems with Kafka Quickstart (Windows)
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2017 12:42:10 GMT
Dear Sir/Madam,

I just started exploring Kafka on Windows(10) but there are some of the
things that i found missing, not sure of all as i am still not completed
the exploration.

1.)Windows support should be provided in better way...

Just writing Windows platforms use bin\windows\ instead of bin/, and change
the script extension to .bat is not enough. :(

2.)In Windows consumer when reading from file gives result as:
{"schema":{"type":"string","optional":false},"payload":"-e \"foo\\nbar\" "}
instead of what is shown on your Quickstart i.e

{"schema":{"type":"string","optional":false},"payload":"foo"}
{"schema":{"type":"string","optional":false},"payload":"bar"}

3.) There should be some live examples providing the exact scenario of
working approach. I want to use Kafka for Nodejs and i have database as
MsSql. Still can't figure out how :(

4.) Problem with *Step 8: Use Kafka Streams to process data  *WordCountDemo
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/%7BdotVersion%7D/streams/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/streams/examples/wordcount/WordCountDemo.java>
link
not Working.

If other problem arise then i will mail again.
Please solve my problem asap

Thanks
Rajat Yadav
Web Developer (Darcl Logistics Limited)