kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jon Yeargers <jon.yearg...@cedexis.com>
Subject Iterating stream windows
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 12:38:34 GMT
Im hoping to support external queries into a windowed state store
aggregator. Thanks to a previous question here I see where to use a
ReadOnlyWindowStore but Im not clear on how to define the boundaries for
the call.

Assumie I have a one hour window with a 5 minute 'slide' between new
windows. If an arbitrary request for the 'latest' values comes in I want to
return the window thats closest to - but not outside - its 60 minute
boundary. To me this implies I need to iterate over available windows
(those that haven't hit their 'retention' value).

Does such a function exist? I can envision a sol'n using a guava timed
cache but Im trying v hard not to break out of the full-kafka world.