kafka-users mailing list archives

From Manikumar <manikumar.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to assign client-id to a particular kafka producer or topic?
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:40:56 GMT
Quotas can be configured for  (user, client-id), user and client-id groups.
user is the principal name of client authentication connection. In
user-quota,
all clients with same principal/user name will share the same quota.
client-id is the logical name given to client(s). in client-quota, all
clients with
the same client-id, will share the same quota. client-id is only applicable
kafka-clients(producer, consumer, ..)

More details here:
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#design_quotas
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-55%3A+Secure+Quotas+for+Authenticated+Users