kafka-users mailing list archives

From yang yong <donal...@hotmail.com>
Subject Kafka mirror maker issue
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 20:17:24 GMT
Hi I am doing some experiments on kafka mirror maker. I have two Kafka cluster, one is kafka_2.11-0.9.0.1
with 3 nodes as source cluster, another is kafka_2.10-0.9.0.1 with one node as target cluster.

First I mirror the message for topic TEST_TOPIC from source cluster to target cluster with
consumer group KAFKA_MIRROR_GROUP_1. After all the messages are mirrored from source to target,
then I stop the mirror maker. Then I change the consumer group to KAFKA_MIRROR_GOURP_2 in
consumer configuration properties file and start the mirror maker again. I can see all the
messages in the source cluster have been consumed again by the new consumer group, KAFKA_MIRROR_GROUP_2,
but the number of messages in the target cluster are NOT double. If I start a new client to
produce new messages to TEST_TOPIC topic in the source cluster, these new messages are mirrored
to the target cluster by the new consumer group, KAFKA_MIRROR_GROUP_2.

I cannot understand why the messages for TEST_TOPIC in the target cluster are not double after
second run with different consumer group? Could anyone advise me the reason? Many thanks in
advance.

Regards,

Donald