kafka-users mailing list archives

From Eno Thereska <eno.there...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Leader not available error after kafka node goes down
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2017 14:08:19 GMT
Hi Ali,

Try changing the default value for the streams producer retries to something large, since
the default is 0 (which means that if a broker is temporarily down, streams would give that
error),  e.g., :

final Properties props = new Properties();
props.put(StreamsConfig.APPLICATION_ID_CONFIG, ID);
props.put(ProducerConfig.RETRIES_CONFIG, 10);

Note that the default is now changed in 0.10.2.1 (which is being voted on).

While you're there, another important config we changed in 0.10.2.1 is max.poll.interval.ms,
so I'd recommend changing that too. This is to avoid rebalancing during long state recoveries:
props.put(ConsumerConfig.MAX_POLL_INTERVAL_MS_CONFIG, Integer.toString(Integer.MAX_VALUE));

Thanks
Eno