kafka-users mailing list archives

From Naanu Bora <naanub...@gmail.com>
Subject Producer callback not called for small percentage of the messages
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2017 02:24:36 GMT
Hi All,
   I am using kafka java client 0.8.2 and I am observing that for a small
percentage of the the send call, the onCompletion method of the callback is
not getting called. How can it be possible? I was under the impression that
since kafka uses tcp internally , based on tcp ack , all callbacks should
get called. I am not seeing any errors from log, just that the callback's
onCompletion is not getting called for a small percentage. Does it mean on
producee side somehow messages are getting lost before it was sent over tcp
to broker?