kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mar Ian <mar....@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka security
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:09:28 GMT
Since is a java property you could set the property (keystore password) programmatically,

before you connect to kafka (ie, before creating a consumer or producer)

System.setProperty("zookeeper.ssl.keyStore.password", password);

martin

________________________________
From: IT Consultant <0binarybuddha1@gmail.com>
Sent: April 11, 2017 2:01 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Kafka security

Hi All

How can I avoid using password for keystore creation ?

Our corporate policies doesn'tallow us to hardcore password. We are
currently passing keystore password while accessing TLS enabled Kafka
instance .

I would like to use either passwordless keystore or avoid password for
cleint accessing Kafka .

Please help