kafka-users mailing list archives

From Yang Cui <y...@freewheel.tv>
Subject How to rolling restart Kafka cluster?
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 15:21:36 GMT
Hi guys,
  I have a confusion about whether it will lost data when I rolling restart Kafka cluster.
  Suppose that Kafka cluster has 4 brokers: A, B, C, D, and 4 partitions of a topic which
name is  “test-topic”  are allocated on these brokers  with balance: p1 for A, p2 for
B, p3 for C, p4 for D;
    1 I stop all these brokers.
2 I just restart broker A, and waiting for a few minutes (such as 5 minutes);
  The question is: broker A found that only partition 1 of  “test-topic”  is existed(because
other brokers are still broken down),  will A abandon the data of partition2, 3,4, and recreate
these partition?