kafka-users mailing list archives

From Archie <anubhavnidhi1...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication quota only during partition movement?
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 15:33:13 GMT
Hi,
     I have been reading about replication quota here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-73+Replication+Quotas>
. I just wanted to know does the replication quota come into play only when
kafka-reassign-partitions.sh script is called?

     Is there any replication quota applied during normal scenarios which
slows down amount of replica traffic between master and slave replica
similar to how client quota limit amount of traffic from client's producers
to master partition?

Thanks,
Archie