kafka-users mailing list archives

From Hu Xi <huxi...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: Resetting offsets
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 12:23:14 GMT
Seems there is no command line out of box, but if you could write a simple Java client application
that firstly calls 'seek' or 'seekToBeginning' to reset offsets to what you expect and then
invoke commitSync to commit the offsets.

________________________________
发件人: Paul van der Linden <paul@sportr.co.uk>
发送时间: 2017年5月3日 18:28
收件人: users@kafka.apache.org
主题: Resetting offsets

I'm trying to reset the offsets for all partitions for all topics for a
consumer group, but I can't seem to find a working way.

The command line tool provides a tool to remove a consumer group (which
would be fine in this occasion), but this is not working with the "new"
style consumer groups. I tried to set consumer offsets with a client, which
also didn't work (we are using confluent-kafka-python with librdkafka).

Is there any way to reset the offsets (preferable with python or a command
line tool)?

Thanks