kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Vedant Nighojkar" <vnig...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Issue with kafka-server-stop on RedHat7
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 19:01:25 GMT
Hi Team,

We are using Apache Kafka in one of our products. We support Windows, AIX
and Linux RedHat6 and above.

I am seeing an issue with the kafka-server-stop.sh script on RedHat7
machines. This used to work with RedHat6.

ps ax | grep -i 'kafka.Kafka'  - this is not able to find any running
Kafka processes, because ps ax does not return the full output of the
processes. It returns a truncated output (
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/35925) and the process is thus not
killed.

Is there a solution / work-around for this?

Thanks and Regards,

Vedant Nighojkar
Software Engineer
IBM Analytics