kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Finding StreamsMetadata with value-dependent partitioning
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 21:11:31 GMT
I am not sure if I understand the use case correctly. Could you give
some more context?

> backing store whose partitioning is value dependent

In infer that you are using a custom store and not default RocksDB? If
yes, what do you use? What does "value dependent" mean in this context?

Right now, I am wondering, why you not just set a new key to get your
data grouped by the field you are interesting in? Also, if you don't
partitioned your data by key, you might break your streams application
with regard to fault-tolerance -- or does your custom store not rely on
changelog backup for fault-tolerance?

-Matthias