kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Minkovsky <dminkov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Streams: "subscribed topics are not assigned to any members in the group"
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 15:44:52 GMT
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for responding. Sorry I forgot to respond.

The issue occurred as the result of a typo in the name of a stream that was
an input topic in the task that broke. I had
topology.stream("confirm-settings-request") instead of
topology.stream("confirm-settings-requests"). This typo caused this log:

> [2017-06-01 11:39:40,567] INFO
(org.apache.kafka.streams.processor.DefaultPartitionGrouper:86) Skipping
assigning topic confirm-settings-request to tasks since its metadata is not
available yet

Which I didn't notice before posting my original question. Not sure why I
didn't see it. But also not sure why this typo didn't cause a more dramatic
failure, because I thought that was of 0.10.2.0 all input topics had to
exist before the stream application was started. Indeed, after upgrading to
0.10.2.0 I learned this when topic auto create stopped working and my
streams application would throw exceptions when input topics did not exist.
But for some reason that did not happen here (I'm on 0.10.2.1 now).

Thank you,
Dmitry