kafka-users mailing list archives

From José Miguel <jose.miguel.teje...@gmail.com>
Subject Compression per topic v 0.10.0.1
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 15:47:15 GMT
Hi,

I am using Kafka v.0.10.0.1 and I want to enable compression for specific
topics as indicated in documentation https://cwiki.apache.org/
confluence/display/KAFKA/Compression ; as long as I tested it seems that
compression per topic is only valid for v.0.7.0 and not supported in newer
versions. *Can you confirm that?*

 I am not been able to enable compression per topic by using
*compression.codec=1* and *compression.topics="topicA,topicB"*. Besides I
have not found any reference of those properties in class
*org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.ProducerConfig.java*.

* Is there any other way to enable compression per topic?*
 Thanks

 BR

*José Miguel Tejedor*

Mail : jose.miguel.tejedor@gmail.com