kafka-users mailing list archives

From Hans Jespersen <h...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: about Exactly-once Semantics
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2017 07:03:21 GMT
When you write the msg results to MySQL, you include the offset of the message with the results.
This can be done in one atomic write transaction. Then if your application crashes, when it
starts back up, it should read the offset stored with the last message results in the database,
then seek() to that offset, and continue consuming with exactly once semantics.

This is how many of the exactly once Kafka Connect Sink Connectors work today.

-hans