kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: enable.idempotence=true and Retriable exceptions
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 02:45:00 GMT
I you set `enable.idempotence=true`, the producer will retry internally.
Thus, it should never throw an retriable exception in the first place
(so there is nothing to ignore :)).

-Matthias

On 7/2/17 6:28 PM, Gary Struthers wrote:
> I currently catch and retry Retriable exceptions. The v11 docs say if enable.idempotence=true
than my application shouldn’t retry if these exceptions are thrown because my retries wouldn’t
be idempotent. Am I supposed to ignore these exceptions now? I use the Java driver.