kafka-users mailing list archives

From Martin Peng <wei...@gmail.com>
Subject How to batch fetch/commit offset in Kafka 0.10 API
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 16:53:25 GMT
Hi,

Does anyone know how to batch fetch/commit the Kafka topic offsets using
the new Kafka 0.10 API?
When we were using Kafka 0.81, we used BlockingChannel to send
OffsetCommitRequest and OffsetFetchRequest to do it in batch from Zk.

However in 0.10, everything is built for single consumer based. If I used
the commited() or commitAsync() it is only for single consumer. I can not
do batch commit anymore which I believe will slow down the system as we
have hundred of partitions for each topic.

Thanks
Martin