kafka-users mailing list archives

From Stas Chizhov <schiz...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka consumer: fair consumption from multiple partitions
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 14:05:44 GMT
Hi,

I have to process a topic with few thousand messages and a dozen partitions
from the very beginning. This topic is manually populated before
consumption. In this setup a consumer consuming from several partitions at
the same time tend to consume assigned partitions sequentially: first all
messages from 1 partition, then all messages from another and so on. I
wonder if there is away to make consumption more fair? I tried to play with
consumer properties without any luck. My kafka version is 0.10.2.

Thank you,
Stanislav.