kafka-users mailing list archives

From "M. Manna" <manme...@gmail.com>
Subject PLEASE - [KAFKA-1194] Log Retention is always throwing IOException
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 16:19:02 GMT
Hi,

I have sent numerous emails in the past about the same issue, but no
response so far.

I was wondering if we will get a patch. I am working on a synchronisation
PoC which is reliant on Log cleanup to be successful every day. I have got
auto.offset.reset=earliest and the offsets.retention.minutes is set
sufficiently large (2880) to avoid such issues. I do have a
log.cleanup.policy=compact, but what I understand from the documentation
that deletion occurs after "Compact" for older logs anyway.

I have moved my log.dir locations several places and with full access to
the directories, but still same issue as KAFKA-1194. Could someone please
let me know if this has worked for you i.e. the logs were deleted
successfully after certain period?

KR,
MM