kafka-users mailing list archives

From Avi Flax <avi.f...@parkassist.com>
Subject Re: Classloading Error with Kotlin and Streams
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:15:27 GMT

> On Sep 11, 2017, at 14:31, Bill Bejeck <bill@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> I've done a little digging. Unfortunately, I don't have any answers at this point.

> For us to go further, I think you'll need to put a JIRA ticket in, sorry this isn't very
helpful at this point.

Thanks for putting the time and effort into this! I really appreciate it. I’ll open a ticket
shortly.

Oh and BTW I cross-posted the problem to the Kotlin forums:

https://discuss.kotlinlang.org/t/classloading-error-with-kafka-streams/4547

as I’m thinking that because KafkaConfig works fine in Java and Kotlin is aiming for 100%
Java compatibility, they might want to consider this a bug, even if Streams is doing something
weird with class loading.

Thanks!
Avi