kafka-users mailing list archives

From Praveen <praveev...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing streams to kafka topic
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 04:52:20 GMT
Hi,

I have a use case where I want to schedule processing of events in the
future. I am not really sure if this a proper use of stream processing
application. But I was looking at KTable and kafka streams api to see if
this was possible.

So far the pattern I have is:
    FEED -> changelog stream -> groupByKey() -> window -> write to
different kafka topic

The window here i believe would be the TumblingWindow for my use case. I'd
like to write back to a kafka topic only after the window retention ends.
The documentation
<http://docs.confluent.io/current/streams/developer-guide.html#writing-streams-back-to-kafka>
says that streams may only be written "continuously" to the kafka topic. Is
that the case?

- Praveen