kafka-users mailing list archives

From Todd Palino <tpal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka MirrorMaker - target or source datacenter deployment
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2017 01:53:45 GMT
Always in the target datacenter. While you can set up mirror maker for no
data loss operation, it’s still a good idea to put the connection more
likely to fail (remote) on the consumer side. Additionally, there are
significant performance problems with setting it up for remote produce as
you must run with one in flight batch in order to maintain message ordering.

-Todd

--
*Todd Palino*
Senior Staff Engineer, Site Reliability