kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ismael Juma <ism...@juma.me.uk>
Subject Re: 0.10.2.2 bug fix release
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2017 08:06:37 GMT
Hi Mikhail,

0.11 is backwards compatible, so there's no reason why Python Kafka clients
would not be supported. In addition, kafka-python and
confluent-kafka-python were tested against 0.11.0 before the final release
of 0.11.0.0. We go to great lengths to ensure backwards compatibility to
avoid situations where people cannot upgrade.

With regards to testing 0.11.0.1 in staging, that's sensible. Given that we
don't have a release manager for 0.10.2.2 yet, it would probably quicker to
start testing 0.11.0.1 in staging and migrate to that than to wait for
0.10.2.2 to be released.

Ismael