kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ismael Juma <ism...@juma.me.uk>
Subject Re: Data loss while upgrading confluent 3.0.0 kafka cluster to confluent 3.2.2
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 14:50:09 GMT
Comments inline.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Yogesh Sangvikar <
yogesh.sangvikar@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. At which point in the sequence below was the code for the brokers
> updated to 0.10.2?
>
> [Comment: On the kafka servers, we have confluent-3.0.0 and confluent-3.2.2
> packages deployed separately. So, first for protocol and message version to
> 0.10.0 we have updated server.properties file in running confluent-3.0.0
> package and restarted the service for the same.

And, for protocol and message version to 0.10.2 bumb, we have modified
> server.properties file in confluent-3.2.2 & stopped the old package
> services and started the kafka services using new one. All restarts are
> done rolling fashion and random broker.id sequence (4,3,2,1).]

You have to set version 0.10.0 in the server.properties of the 0.10.2/3.2
brokers. This is probably the source of your issue. After all running
brokers are version 0.10.2/3.2, then you can switch the version to 0.10.2.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Ismael