kafka-users mailing list archives

From vimal dinakaran <vimal3...@gmail.com>
Subject Cluster expansion kafka 0.8.2.1
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 12:58:53 GMT
Hi,
 We are planning to expand cluster from 2 node to 8 node. The partition
reassignment tool has the option to move topic or partition.

Irrespective of number of  node additions. If I give all the topics in the
topic-to-move.json and all the brokers in the below command then it will
give equal distribution of partition among nodes correct ?

 bin/kafka-reassign-partitions.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181
--topics-to-move-json-file topics-to-move.json --broker-list "2,3,4,5,6,7"
--generate

After this I am planning to apply the json

--execute --reassignment-json-file option to rebalance cluster.

Will this cause any problem ?

This step seems to be more general but why it is not documented this way?

Thanks
Vimal