kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sameer Kumar <sam.kum.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka 11 | Stream Application crashed the brokers
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 06:58:13 GMT
Hi All,

I want to report a scenario wherein my running 2 different instances of my
stream application caused my brokers to crash and eventually my stream
application as well. This scenario only happens when my brokers run on
Kafka11, everything works fine if my brokers are on Kafka 10..2 and stream
application on Kafka11.

I am attaching herewith the logs in a zipped format.

The cluster configuration
3 nodes(190,192,193) , Kafka 11
Topic Replication Factor - 2

App configuration
Kafka 11 streams.

The error I saw on 193 server
was org.apache.kafka.common.errors.NotEnoughReplicasException: Number of
insync replicas for partition __transaction_state-18 is [1], below required
minimum [3]. Both 192,190 servers reported errors on failure to read
information from 193.

Please look for the time around 12:30-12:32 to find the relevant logs. Let
me know if you need some other information.

Regards,
-Sameer.