kafka-users mailing list archives

From 于乐 <y...@p1.com>
Subject problem when try to operate following the kafka official tutorial step by step
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:53:19 GMT

I am going through the kafka official tutorial, and met a weird problem at multibroker part.

I will list what I have done briefly:

    * run local zookeeper on port 2181
    * run three kafka brokers on ports 9092, 9093, 9094
    * created a topic with one partition and three replicas: my-replicated-topic
    * produced several messages into this topic

then I wanna test the fault-tolerance of kafka. instead of kill -9 which works correctly as
expected, I used ctrl-c to terminate the leader of the topic. Here is the problem:

I CANNOT consume any messages from kafka.

What's wrong?

p.s. the commands I used are exactly the same as the tutorial mentioned above

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47302908/whats-the-different-between-ctrl-c-and-kill-9-when-making-kafka-broker-down

thank you for your time

Le Yu