kafka-users mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Schulte <aljoscha.schu...@mhp.com>
Subject Connect to Kafka through SOCKS Proxy
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:10:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a Kafka cluster running on AWS. I want to connect to the cluster with the standard
kafka-console-consumer from my application server. The application server has access to the
internet via a SOCKS-Proxy. No authentication is required

How do I tell the Kafka client to connect through the proxy?

I tried many things, including adding the standard JVM Proxy parameters to the kaka-run-class.shscript.
But I still get a connection refused error.

exec $JAVA -DsocksProxyHost=proxy.host.name -DsocksProxyPort=1080 $KAFKA_HEAP_OPTS $KAFKA_JVM_PERFORMANCE_OPTS
$KAFKA_GC_LOG_OPTS $KAFKA_JMX_OPTS $KAFKA_LOG4J_OPTS -cp $CLASSPATH $KAFKA_OPTS "$@„

Thanks :)