kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jamie Wang <jam...@opentext.com>
Subject Disable anonymous access to zookeeper
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 18:23:29 GMT
Hi,

I am using Kafka 0.10.0 version. In this version, zookeeper is required. Recently we found
by default zookeeper allows anonymous connect to its port and for some this seems to be a
security concern. So I'd like to disable zookeeper's ability to support anonymous connect.
I am wondering if I disabled this, would it impact any Kafka operations. I am only using a
single node Kafka (no cluster).   Would appreciate any information or pointers on how to proceed
with this or any particular documentation I should read.  Thanks I advance for your help.

Jamie