kafka-users mailing list archives

From Michal Michalski <michal.michal...@zalando.ie>
Subject Re: Kafka Monitoring
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 10:10:38 GMT
Hi Irtiza,

I don't have any tutorial, but I can tell you what we do :-)

First of all we have Jolokia agent jar included in our Kafka Docker image.
Then we append this to KAFKA_OPTS

-javaagent:/jolokia-jvm-agent.jar=port=8074,host=0.0.0.0

Relevant port is then "exposed" in Docker image and "allowed" in AWS
Security Group.
Then our monitoring tool is querying the following endpoins (just a HTTP
GET query) these endpoints to get a list of all the metrics we need:

<host>:8074/jolokia/read/kafka.server:*
<host>:8074/jolokia/read/kafka.controller:*
<host>:8074/jolokia/read/kafka.log:*
<host>:8074/jolokia/read/kafka.network:*
<host>:8074/jolokia/read/java.lang:type=Memory

And that's it, we get a nice JSON that we can use the way we want :-)
I hope I didn't miss anything, but this should be it.

M.