kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Minkovsky <dminkov...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I repartition/rebalance topics processed by a Kafka Streams topology?
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 19:02:44 GMT
I am about to put a topology into production and I am concerned that I
don't know how to repartition/rebalance the topics in the event that I need
to add more partitions.

My inclination is that I should spin up a new cluster and run some kind of
consumer/producer combination that takes data from the previous cluster and
writes it to the new cluster. A new instance of the Kafka Streams
application then works against this new cluster. But I'm not sure how to
best execute this, or whether this approach is sound at all. I am imagining
many things may go wrong. Without going into further speculation, what is
the best way to do this?

Thank you,
Dmitry