kafka-users mailing list archives

From Debraj Manna <subharaj.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Kafka 1.0 binaries with inter.broker.protocol.version = 0.10
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 15:08:21 GMT
Hi

Regarding  the Kafka Rolling Upgrade steps as mentioned in the doc
<https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#upgrade>

Can you let me know how is Kafka supposed to behave if the binaries are
upgraded to the latest 1.0 but inter.broker.protocol.version still points
to 0.10 in all the brokers? What features will I be missing in Kafka 1.0
and what problem I am expected to behave?

Also can you let me know in rolling upgrade (from 0.10 to 1.0) if I follow
the below steps how are Kafka supposed to behave

   1. Add inter.broker.protocol.version = 1.0 in a broker update the binary
   and restart it.
   2. Then go to the other brokers one by one and repeat the above steps