kafka-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Rischmann <vinc...@rischmann.fr>
Subject Insanely long recovery time with Kafka 0.11.0.2
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 20:48:23 GMT
Hello,

so I'm upgrading my brokers from 0.10.1.1 to 0.11.0.2 to fix this bug
Unfortunately while stopping one broker, it crashed exactly because of
this bug. No big deal usually, except after restarting Kafka in 0.11.0.2
the recovery is taking a really long time.
I have around 6TB of data on that broker, and before when it crashed it
usually took around 30 to 45 minutes to recover, but now I'm at almost
5h since Kafka started and it's still not recovered.
I'm wondering what could have changed to have such a dramatic effect on
recovery time ? Is there maybe something I can tweak to try to reduce
the time ?
Thanks.