kafka-users mailing list archives

From "1095193290@qq.com" <1095193...@qq.com>
Subject Need feedbacks to consumer if hangs due to some __consumer_offsets partitions failed
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 06:44:58 GMT
hi
    My kafka cluster has  two brokers( 0 and 1) and  it  created  __consumer_offsets  topic
 has 50 partitions . When  broker 0 failed,  half of partitions failed (because topic   __consumer_offsets
  ReplicationFactor is 1).
 This results consequence that my kafkaConsumer sometimes can work well and sometimes hangs
with 0 outputs.  My consumer generated a new goupid upon it start up . When consumer startup,
it will request groupcoordinator with groupid  . When  Consumer's groupid is routed to a good
partition, it can work well, when  grouid is routed to a failed partition, it hangs with a
response GROUP_COORDINATOR_NOT_AVAILABLE. I hope broker can feedback  to consumer if hangs
 due to some __consumer_offsets   partitions failed , it can help user improve  expericence
and  debug issure fastly.

1095193290@qq.com