kafka-users mailing list archives

From Xin Li <Xin...@trivago.com>
Subject Re: Need feedbacks to consumer if hangs due to some __consumer_offsets partitions failed
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:31:51 GMT
Hey,

I think you can do it in two ways:

1. Manually increase the replication factor
2. In the server.config file,  change the default.replication.factor
Best,
Xin

On 09.01.18, 07:46, "1095193290@qq.com" <1095193290@qq.com> wrote:

    hi
        My kafka cluster has  two brokers( 0 and 1) and  it  created  __consumer_offsets
topic  has 50 partitions . When  broker 0 failed,  half of partitions failed (because topic
  __consumer_offsets   ReplicationFactor is 1).
     This results consequence that my kafkaConsumer sometimes can work well and sometimes
hangs with 0 outputs.  My consumer generated a new goupid upon it start up . When consumer
startup, it will request groupcoordinator with groupid  . When  Consumer's groupid is routed
to a good partition, it can work well, when  grouid is routed to a failed partition, it hangs
with a response GROUP_COORDINATOR_NOT_AVAILABLE. I hope broker can feedback  to consumer if
hangs  due to some __consumer_offsets   partitions failed , it can help user improve  expericence
and  debug issure fastly.

    1095193290@qq.com